Rural Development Agency
Consequent upon the declaration and inauguration of Dimapur as a new District during December 1997, the DRDA Dimapur was created with effect from Ist April 1999 as the Eight DRDA in Nagaland. The DRDA is an autonomous body registered under the societies Registration Act 1860 having its BY Laws and Memorandum of Association with D.C. as the Chairman. The main role and functions of the DRDA is in terms of Planning for effective implementation of anti-poverty, wage employment programmes, co-ordinating with other agencies- governmental, non-governmental, technical and financial for successful programme implementation. The DRDA is to oversee and monitor the various programmes implementation and to ensure adherence to Guidelines, Equity and Reporting to the concerned authorities. In addition, the DRDA shall ensure promoting transparency in decision making and implementation of different anti-poverty programmes of the Ministry of Rural Development in the District. It shall be the duty of DRDA to oversee and ensure that the benefits specially earmarked for the target group (SC/ST, women and Disable) reach them. They shall take all necessary steps to achieve the prescribed norms as envisaged in the Guidelines.
District Rural Development Agency Office of the Project Director (DRDA) Dimapur, near Deputy Commissioner Office, Dimapur, Nagaland.
Contact No. :8974838534
email : drdadmr[at]gmail[dot]com
Roles & Functions :
The main role and functions of the DRDA is in terms of Planning for effective implementation of anti-poverty, wage employment programmes, co-ordinating with other agencies- governmental, non-governmental, technical and financial for successful programme implementation. The DRDA is to oversee and monitor the various programmes implementation and to ensure adherence to Guidelines, Equity and Reporting to the concerned authorities. In addition, the DRDA shall ensure promoting transparency in decision making and implementation of different anti-poverty programmes of the Ministry of Rural Development in the District. It shall be the duty of DRDA to oversee and ensure that the benefits specially earmarked for the target group (SC/ST, women and Disable) reach them. They shall take all necessary steps to achieve the prescribed norms as envisaged in the Guidelines.
Implementation of Various Programme and Schemes activities being undertaken by DRDA Dimapur
GIA to VDBs
GIA is one of the major programs of RD Department which is implemented through the VDBs. This is a 100% state sponsored scheme. Funds under this program is allocated to the tax-paying households of the village, out of which 25% is earmarked for women and 20% for the youth for taking up activities especially income generating activities.
- The criteria for allocation of fund is made at the rate of Rs. 66,000/- for VDB having 66 household and below and Rs. 1000/- per household for VDBs having 67 Households and above.
- Under this program, a mandatory deposit is made against VDB welfare fund at the rate of Rs. 10,000/- for villages having 50 households and below and Rs. 200/- per household for VDBs with 51 households and above. The deposits are made from the general allocation to mobilize resources for the VDBs to supplement their activity.
- The annual deposit is made for a period of 5 years and the amount cannot be withdrawn by the VDBs without the directive from the Department.
The following income generating schemes are taken up under this program.
- Weaving and handloom
- Agriculture and Horticulture activities
- Purchase of Community Bus
- Construction of Play ground
- Poultry etc..
MATCHING CASH GRANT (MCG)
- This is a state sponsored program. The main objective is to mobilize VDB resources. Under this scheme, it is mandatory for all the VDBs to open Fixed Deposit(FD) Account in a Commercial Bank.
- The fixed deposit is initially opened for a period of 5(five) years and renewed on maturity. As an incentive, the state government provides a matching cash grant up to a maximum ceiling of 2.50 lakh under this program.
- This is a corpus fund scheme of Rs. 2.40 lakh which is created through the contribution of VDB, State Government and Central Government at the ratio of Rs. 40,000/- by the VDB and Rs. 1.00 lakh by the State and another Rs. 1.00 lakh by the Central Government.
Some of the photographs of success stories under GIA may be seen in the following pages
MAHATMA GANDHI NATIONAL RURAL EMPLOYMENT GUARANTEE ACT
- The MGNREGA scheme was launched in our District in the year 2008 by GOI as per the NREGA notification of 7th September 2005.
- The main objective of the program is to enhance livelihood security in rural areas by providing 100 days of guaranteed wage employment in a financial year to every rural household, whose adult members are willing to do unskilled manual work. The revised rate per day is Rs.177 for FY 2018-19.
- The scheme is a centrally sponsored scheme implemented on a cost sharing basis between the centre and the state at the ratio 90:10.
- Some of the permissible works implemented under MGNREGA are as follows:-
- Water conservation and water harvesting.
- Drought proofing including afforestation and tree plantation.
- Irrigation canals including micro and minor irrigation works.
- Renovation of traditional water bodies.
- Flood control and protection.
- Rural connectivity including culverts and roads within a village whenever necessary.
- Construction of BNRGSK at the Block level and Gram Panchayat Bhawaat at the Gram Panchayat level.
- Agriculture related works.
- Land Development.
- Livestock related works.
- Rural drinking water related works.
- Rural sanitation related works etc..
IMPLEMENTATION OF MGNREGA UNDER DIMAPUR DISTRICT
Some of the works usually taken up under MGNREGA in Dimapur District are as follows:-
- Rural Connectivity
- Flood control and protection
- Construction of Council Halls/ Panchayat Bhawan.
- Water Conservation and Water Harvesting.
- Drought Proofing
- Land Development
- Under the revised guidelines, some new works have been included under the permissible works like Agriculture related works, fisheries and livestock related works.
- Therefore, the Department has been focusing on these sectors since the last financial year under MGNREGA program.
This SAGY program was launched by Prime Minister on 11th October 2011. According to the guidelines of SAGY, each MP in the country will identify one Gram Panchayat having a population of 1000-3000 in hilly, tribal and difficult areas. As such our Lok Sabha MP has selected Selouphe Village under Chumukedima Block as MP Model Village for which first round of exercise have already begun by identifying the project for construction of an Amphitheatre at Selouphe local ground. Construction of pucca Approach Road to the Amphitheatre have been identified by MP for convergence of SAGY with MGNREGA, for which the proposal is being prepared for submission.
- IAY program was introduced with the objective of providing dwelling houses to the rural poor. However, now the nomenclature has been changed from IAY Indira Awaas Yojana to PMAY(G) Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana – Gramin w.e.f 1st April 2016. This is a centrally sponsored program where funding is shared between the center and the state on the ratio 90:10 basis respectively.
- Under this program, roofing materials are provided to the beneficiaries for construction of dwelling houses. Labour and other locally available materials are contributed both by the community and the beneficiaries.
- All 213 villages are covered under the program. However, during the year 2014-15, one village under each block had been selected for the 1st phase of IAY program with an aim to cover 100% CGI sheet roofing within a shorter period of time so as to bring about success stories on a tangible manner under the program.
- As such 100 bundles of CGI sheets were provided to all 4 selected villages during the last allocation in the month of November 2014.
- Another 2 villages under the remaining 2 blocks will be covered under the program in the next phase. The selection of 1(one) model village per block would be an annual activity under the program. This experimental program is expected to reach its target within a period of 3(three) years.
- Under PMAY (G), Geo-tagging has already been started for the year 2015-16. The photographs of the completed houses under PMAY (G) will be clicked and uploaded using AwassApp. The geo-tagging process involves attaching location specific information such as geographical coordinates to the picture.
- Under NSRLM program, Chumukedima Block (Resource Block) and Medziphema Block (Intensive Block) has been selected under Dimapur district. Nuiland block has been taken up this FY 2017-18 as an intensive Block.
- 49 villages are covered under Chumukedima block and 26 villages under Medziphema block under the program
- Under Chumukedima 445 SHGs have been identified out of which 179 SHGs were purely formed by NRLM.
- Under Medziphema 86 SHGs have been identified. 5 CRP round has been completed, and the 4 Follow up of CRP round is completed.
- Revolving fund of Rs. 15,000/- was provided to 401 SHGs Start up cost of Rs. 2000/- was provided to 154 SHGs under Chumukedima Block
- Revolving fund of Rs. 15,000/- was provided to 38 SHGs. Start up cost of Rs. 2000/- was provided to 18 SHGs under Medziphema Block
- 21 village level organizations are formed under Chumukedima block.
- CIF(Community investment fund) has been provided to 21 VLOs
- Start up cost for the VLO was provided to 21 VLO
- Major activities taken up under NRLM in Dimapur district include Rubber plantations, Piggery, Surf making, Dish washing soap, Weaving etc..
- Some of the photographs of success stories under NRLM may be seen in the following pages.
The DRDA Dimapur is presently covering 2013 Govt. recognized villages and six (6) Rural Development Blocks viz- Medziphema, Chumukidema, Niuland, Kuhuboto, Aghunaqa, Dhansiripar Block comprising a total of 73251 households.
The DRDA Dimapur is having only six (6) Blocks belong to ‘A’ category as per the Guidline and a total of 25 Officers and staff is permissible for the DRDA as prescribed by the Ministry of Rural Development govt. of India. The present staff strength in Dimapur is 239, out of this 59 staff are from DRDA and 180 staff is from Blocks.
List of Offices and contact details under Dimapur District :-
|Sl.no.||Office Location||Contact Number|
|2||RD. Block Niuland||9612169637|
|4||RD. Block Medziphema||9862761916|
|5||RD. Block Chumukedima||9862628176|
|6||RD. Block Aghunaqa||9436006308|
|7||RD. Block Dhansiripar||9856448158|
Block wise list of recognized villages under Dimapur District
RD. Block Chumukedima :
|Sl.no||Name of Village|
|1||5th MILE MODEL VILLAGE|
|3||7th MILE MODEL VILLAGE|
|23||KASHIRAM AO SECTOR|
|29||NAGA UNITED VILLAGE|
|35||PURANA BAZAR B|
RD. Block Aghunaqa :
|Sl.no||Name of Village|
|6||HOZHETO (NEW RECOGNISED)|
RD. Block Dhansiripar :
|Sl.no||Name of Village|
RD. Block Kuhuboto :
|Sl.no||Name of Village|
RD. Block Medziphema :
|Sl.no||Name of Village|
|25||Tsiepama Model Village|
RD. Block Niuland :
|Sl.no||>Name of Village|
State department website :http://nagard.nic.in