BRIEF PROFILE OF POLICE COMMISSIONERATE, DIMAPUR
While the Naga Hills was under the administrative control of the Govt. of Assam, the Dimapur Police Station was established in the year 1939
located near Old N.S.T Bus station. It is one of the oldest Police Stations in the District and Nagaland, later shifted to new location presently known East
PS Dimapur. After attaining statehood on 1st December 1963, the Nagaland Police took over the charge of Dimapur Police Station from Assam Police. The
Officer-in-Charge of the Police Station was Sub-Inspector S.B Shyam.
The Post of Sub-Divisional Police Officer, Dimapur was created in the year 1967 with Shri M.B Kar IPS as the first SDPO Dimapur vide Govt.
Notification No: DEF/ESSTT/3467, dated 04.06.67 and Late Shri K.K. Angami looked after the temporary charge of Addl. Superintendent of Police, Dimapur under
the administrative control of the Superintendent of Police, Kohima. In the year 1982, Dimapur Police District was created and separated from DEF Kohima with
Shri Aonochet Ao IPS as the first Addl. Superintendent of Police, Dimapur vide Govt. Notification No. POL-13/DEF/77, dated 18.08.1982.
The full fledged post of Superintendent of Police, Dimapur was created in the year 1983 with Shri S. Akang Jamir, IPS taking over the post on
21.01.1983 vide Govt. Notification No. POL-13/DEF/77, dated 18.01.1983.
In the year 2015, the District Executive Force under Superintendent of Police, Dimapur was upgraded to Police Commissionerate, Dimapur and
was established vide Notification No: POL/-1/ESTT/13/2014/A, dated 17th December, 2014, inaugurated on 15th April, 2015, by the then Hon’ble Chief Minister
of Nagaland, Shri. T.R. Zeliang with Shri Liremo Tsopoe Lotha IPS as the Commissioner of Police.
Address of C.P Office : Opposite State Bank of India, Main Branch, Dimapur
Official Contact No. : 225519/ 7085055001
Fax No : 225455
E-Mail ID : firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
Website : www.dimapurpolice.in
Police station/Outpost details under Dimapur district
|Sl.no||Police station/Outpost||Location||Contact no.|
|1||East Police Station||Near C.P Office||7085055020|
|2||West Police Station||Near C.P Bungalow, Landmark Colony||7085055024|
|3||Govt Railway Police Station||Railway Station Complex, Dimapur||7085055021|
|4||Sub Urban Police Station||Lhomithi Colony||7085055026|
|5||Diphupar Police Station||4th Mile, Dimapur||7085055022|
|6||Medziphema Police Station||Medziphema Town||7085055023|
|7||Women Police Station||Landmark Colony||7085055027|
|8||Chumukedima Police Station||Near Chumukedima Weekly Bazaar||7085065161|
|9||Niuland Police Station||Niuland town||7085055025|
|10||Traffic Control Zone-I||Adjacent to Railway Station||7085055028|
|11||Traffic Control Zone-II||Near Chumukedima Weekly Bazaar||7085055029|
|12||Purana Bazaar Out-Post||Purana Bazaar under East PS||—|
|13||Lengrijan Out-Post||Lengrijan under West PS||—|
|14||Marwaripatti Out-Post||Marwaripatti Colony under SBN PS||7085065054|
|15||Dhansiripar Out-Post||Dhansiripar under SBN PS||7085065053|
|16||New Showuba Out-Post||New Showuba under Diphupar PS||—|
|17||Kuhuboto Out-Post||Kuhuboto under Diphupar PS||7085065052|
|18||Kukidolong Out-Post||Kukidolong under Medziphema PS||—|
|19||Piphema Outpost||Piphema Town under Medziphema PS||7085065051|
Civil Police administration in Dimapur District:
The outline functioning of Office of the Commissioner of Police is under the merger of force/ duties divided into Zone – I & Zone – II and Traffic and various branches in the district. The overall Police administration in the Commercial Hub of the State is headed by Commissioner of Police, Dimapur. It is further divided into Two Zones headed by Deputy Commissioner of Police and further divided into Divisions headed by Assistant Commissioners of Police. The district has a total of 9 (nine) Police Stations and 2(two) Traffic Control, Zone-I & Zone-II.
Under DCP Zone-I:
- East PS : Covers 38 Villages and 24 Colonies in Dimapur.
- GRPS : Covers Railway platform & track within Dimapur.
- Diphupar PS : Covers 41 Villages in Dimapur.
- Chumukedima PS : Covers 21 Villages in Dimapur.
- Medziphema PS : Covers 22 Villages in Medzephema.
Under DCP Zone-II:
- West PS : Covers 07 Villages and 33 Colonies in Dimapur.
- Sub Urban PS : Covers 29 Villages and 21 Colonies in Dimapur.
- Niuland PS : Covers 66 Villages in Dimapur.
- Women Police Station : Women and Children related issues covering the entire District.
Under DCP (Traffic):
- Traffic Control Zone-I : Covers Dimapur Town jurisdiction.
- Traffic Control Zone-II : Covers Purana Baazar to Piphema jurisdiction. Under the Zone-II one Traffic Cell set up at
Medziphema for smooth functioning of traffic regulation.
- Shri Limasunep Jamir IPS, C.P Dimapur (7085055001) – PIO & Nodal Officer for RTI.
- Shri Relo T. Aye NPS, ADCP (Crime) , (7085055006)– CCTNS, Anti-Human Trafficking Unit and Call Details Records
- Shri R. Tochumong Chang NPS, ADCP (Adm) (7085055005) – Universalisation of Women Helpline Scheme, Joint Control Centre (JCC) with State Police, Assam Rifles and CRPF.
THE NAP BN & OTHERS HQ IN DIMAPUR.
- 1st NAP Bn : Battalion Headquarter – Chumukedima
- 11th NAP (IR) Bn : Battalion Headquarter – Ruzaphema
- 15th NAP (IR), MBn : Battalion Headquarter – Chumukedima
- NAPTC : Training Centre– Chumukedima
- PTS : Training Centre– Chumukedima
- PEP : Div. HQ, Police Engineering Project– Chumukedima
CENTRAL POLICE FORCE IN DIMAPUR DISTRICT:
32 Assam Rifles :
- 32 Assam Rifles HQ near Indisen Village
- 1 Coy at Full Nagarjan.
- 1 Coy at Nihokhu
- 1 Coy at Parana Bazaar
- AR Officer’s Transit Camp near Old NST Station
- AR Transit Camp near Chakhesang Church Dimapur
41 Assam Rifles
- 41 Assam Rifles HQ at Medzephema.
- 1 Coy HQ at Piphema
- 1 Coy HQ at Kukidolong
- 1 Coy HQ at Cumukedima
- ARTC 3rd Mile
- ARTC Shokuvi
173 CRPF Bn
- HQ near, Airport, Dimapur.
- 173 CRPF Coys manning static guards duty for vital installation in and around Dimapur.
- Transit Camp near DC Office
Manning Airport Security
- HQ. Rangapahar
- 6 Sector, Assam Rifle near Indisen Village
- Army Engineering Walford
Transit Camp Half Nagarjan
Dimapur Railway Station.
Sewak HQ Midland
NOTE: – The deployments of Security Forces are subject to regular changes.
Nagaland Police website : http://police.nagaland.gov.in/